Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Saturday, March 3, 2018

(8:26 PM UTC-5)
(+34*F......w/wing chill...+27*F)
( an episode of "Lord Peter Wimsey")
  While wandering rather aimlessly today around the internet in general and Youtube in particular, not really looking for anything in particular I "stumbled" upon an episode of "Sherlock Holmes"....which had originally aired on British TV and then several years ago on PBS......and with just a little digging found several episodes......and got to thinking if the "Lord Peter Wimsey" series (same origin, first British TV, then PBS) had also been up loaded....and have been happily watching from mid-afternoon until now....
  I really think I might be loosing what little is left of my mind....I had a detailed shopping list..which I as is my habit...I left in my rooms.....probably got distracted by something.......so I thought that I'd got everything I had wanted.....while standing at the crosswalk waiting for the walk light....dang..forgot the horseradish....back down the hill to the market......found the horseradish....and as I was walking to the check out......double dang...bananas....I mean I forgot the bananas....One of my best skills has always been my ability to concentrate on the task at hand......but if I do get distracted and/or interrupted....I end up...with the same thoughts....."Where was I? What was I doing?.....and WHY??".....most of the snow was melted but as usual a couple of the sidewalks weren't shovel and icy.....there were spots I had to walk in the street...now walking in the busiest street in town, on a Saturday Afternoon is not my fondest dream...but I survived..

No comments:

Post a Comment