Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Wednesday, March 7, 2018

(12:47 PM UTC-5)
(+36*F....w/wind chill +28*f......light snow)
("Gaudy Night)
  Where I live the time zone is EST (eastern standard time) which is UTC-5, but in keeping with tradition (by law but the date does vary) we switch over to EDST (day light savings time)....Early Sunday morning we will add an hour to the time......at 2AM EST on Sunday the clocks are to be set ahead to 3AM EDST.....there is an old adage "We Spring forward (add an hour) and Fall back ( remove the afore mentioned hour), but I didn't know the correct way to convert EDST to UTC....the page I found it would be UTC-4......but being lazy I'll either make the change before I retire for the night....or when I get up in the morning..assuming I remember..to get up that is...

No comments:

Post a Comment