Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Thursday, March 22, 2018

(8:18 PM UTC-4)
(+32*F.....w/wind chill +27*F)
( Bach: "Mass in B minor)
   Took a short walk today....was a nice sunny day...about the same temperature........as yesterday......but just a light wind......so felt warmer.....the actual temperature notwithstanding...for example a 50*F day after winter temperatures in the 0*F range....seems warm.......but that same 50*F after a run of 80*F+ days seems cold.....how we relate to weather is after all relative....years ago one of the guys I worked with was a refugee from Vietnam..for the first few winters   when he was outside he was so bundled up that all you could see was his nose, and it was bright red....after a few years he ran around dressed like a local......your body tends to adjust to the most common extreme......I used to work outside in -40*F weather and although I dressed for.....it was no big deal.....but give me 2 or 3 days in a row of +80*F weather w/ 90%+ humidity.....and I honestly believe I might be melting.....all I want is to sit in an airconditioned room..and drink iced tea......

No comments:

Post a Comment