Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Tuesday, March 6, 2018

(4:30 PM UTC-5)
(+40*F a partially sunny day)
( a "Hornblower" episode)
  This being a Tuesday the morning festivities included making sure all joints were functioning, and the weekly visit from housekeeping.....and a check of the weather for the next few days, starting this evening the forecast through Friday evening calls for rain and/or snow....so decided to take my walk this AM.....and taking the same precautions I mentioned in a below post....the back behaved itself with little complaining....whether the application of the topical gel, and lengthened cane.....or that after the  restrictions of winter on my walking..I may be coming around to decent walking shape.....
  I have always had a very good memory with two notable exceptions...I must have missed some basic principles of phonics.in grammar school, and I really can't spell a lick.....I've been known to misspell the same word 2 or 3 different ways in the same paragraph...and the factor in that I never took instruction in typing.....and also factor in that my essential tremors occasionally causes me to double type a letter or clip a letter that has no business being in the word I'm trying to type.....hence my love/hate relationship with spell check....
  The second exception is I have a terrible memory when it comes to remembering names...but with the several 1000 people I've met through my life I'm not surprised......while sitting in the college cafeteria eating breakfast one morning I forgot the name of the young lady seated across from me who I had been "seeing" for several weeks......I eventually remember it before any damage was done....
  What brought this weakness to this particular problem.....As I chatted with the housekeeper recounted a story about a lady that I had work related dealings with for several years, In fact when she told me that she was going to leave the company she was working for...I dropped her name to another person who worked in the same industry (long haul trucking).....and she ended up with a new job....but couldn't remember her name for the life of me....until about 4 hours later...oy vey....

No comments:

Post a Comment