Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Thursday, March 8, 2018

(2:51 PM UTC-5)
(+29*F...w/wind chill +20*F)
( Best of Telemann)
  Got a little snow overnight and it's snowing now very lightly...now because I needed a new pair of shoes, and the shoe stores are really even in the best of weather out of my "walking range"... I had asked my sis if she would drive me.....and as she and her hubby are leaving for the west-coast on Sunday to visit her son and his family.....she called about noon to see if I could go today.....which we did...
  Now the old pair of my "summer shoes" had seen better days....they were 4 years old and the worst for wear....but the purchase of shoes brings up something about aging I was unaware up until a few years ago.....that being among other things falling arches.....I wore a normal width shoe in either size 9 & 1/2 or 10..depending on what they were for....with this pair of shoes I'm now a size 12 wide....oy gavalt.....of course at the same time I've compacted from just under 5'8" to 5"5"......If the size gets any bigger, I'm going to look like I'm wearing clown shoes...but there  are some that might say that, that would be just about right considering my personality..
  After playing around with the pages I've added to my poetry blog......I've discovered one major draw back.......which is I have no control over the layout.....it's identical to the main page...which is fine for how I'm using them in that case...However if I do start writing short stories.....adding a page here for the afore mentioned stories.....doesn't strike me as the best option........besides I could start another blog for the stories, and make it private until I decided to publish it.....

No comments:

Post a Comment