Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Thursday, March 1, 2018

(3:52 PM UTC-5)
(+44*F)
(Beethoven: "Christ on the Mount of Olives)
   According to the weather forecast snow starting as early tonight at 10PM through 10PM Friday night...with 5 to 10 inches of accumulation....but in the inventory crew I worked with if a certain count was an estimate, next to the count you'd see S.W.A.G.....which stood for Scientific Wild Ass Guess......and IMHO all weather forecasts should also be followed by S.W.A.G.
  Because the weather tomorrow does not look conducive to a walk.....despite my low opinion of weather forecasts I decided to walk today....back was a little stiff this AM so tried a couple of new things.....changed to a lighter shoes...my "summer" shoes....rather then my "winter" shoes.......and applied so of my topical analgesic gel to my back before I walked, and the back was better, not perfect but tolerable.....with my age and relative physical condition I'm usually quite satisfied with tolerable...
  When I got to the Aldi parking lot, I saw what has over the last several years a common sight around here, an Amish buggy with the horse tethered to one of the light poles.....there always has been a large Mennonite population in the area centered around the village of Lowville....but in recent years there has been established an Amish community to the west of Watertown.....and the sight of an Amish buggy traveling on the city streets doesn't cause any surprise...
  Years ago when I was working and into sport.....at any given time between several differnt sports, hunting and work I had not 2 pairs of shoes but on average maybe 15 to 20 pairs.....was considering putting an addition on the house just to hold all the shoes and the equipment related to my varied interests.......I'm joking about it but at the time my significant other wasn't......an every time she had a garage sale, things that I was no longer using seemed to disappear....now I really did have a problem with it except I never saw any of the money...I guess that was price I had to pay for her putting up with me......cheap at twice the price......

No comments:

Post a Comment