Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Monday, March 12, 2018

(11:16 AM UTC-4)
(+33*F.....w?wind chill +27*F)
(Brahms "a German Requiem")
  Just back from my morning walk....out to Price Chopper.....and on the way  back Aldi.....a little brisk this morning but didn't have a problem with my back.....in the final analysis I think the problem was just being a little out of "walking shape"
  Now because of the fact that I live in a hotel, I have limited appliances for cooking...if a microwave, a coffee maker, and a small food processor can actually be called appliances....but have discovered creative ways to cook despite the limitations
  Which leads me to today's experiment in microwave cooking.....now let's first establish the fact that I love bacon......now there is a product on the market called "microwave bacon" a tad pricey as compared to regular bacon....but done in seconds....but really substandard in both taste and mouth feel.....so.....went googling the other day and lo and behold found instructions on how to microwave real bacon.....in a minute per slice.....so on my walk this morning picked up a pound of good bacon.....and after a tad of fiddling with the time.....not quite like fried, but quite acceptably...with a hard boiled egg (store bought), a plum, and a yogurt a very nice first meal....now it's off to google to see if I can find how to hard boil an egg in a microwave or a coffee maker.....film @11
  Just back from google, hard and soft boiled egg instructional video in a coffee maker......now the problem is transporting a cartoon of eggs in my sling bag with out having the yoke on me...

No comments:

Post a Comment