Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Saturday, March 17, 2018

(4:05 PM UTC-4)
(+24*F....w/wind chill +12*F...sunny with winds out of the north @16 mph)
( The Best of Holst )
  Dang wind out of the north, geographically speaking it's coming off Hudson Bay.....which is part of the Arctic Ocean..Brrrrrrr....
  Despite the nippy weather, took a walk, first to  the convenience store and was headed for Aldi and look in my pocket...no quarter....you place a quarter in a slot to free your cart, and get one back when you put the cart away, saves the store from paying someone to collect carts left in  the parking lot, so took a quick detour back to my  lodgings to get a quarter.....got a quarter....which at that point I remember that I had a while back secreted a quarter in my wallet for just such a situation, so I'm walking through the parking lot now with 2 quarters and a woman was just finishing loading her "soccer mom van"...and I offered to buy the shopping cart for a quarter.....to which she replied....no just take it.......when I was done I gave it to a nice lady and told her to just "pass it on"......of all the things I've lost or mislaid in my 70 years I miss my  mind the most.........technically I didn't lose my marbles, I gave them to my bro who is 10 years younger...so I have no idea where they are.....oy vey.....
  In my defense I did stay up past midnight watching Syracuse University win their basketball game in the NCAA tournament.....right now I cannot decided whether to watch some TV, get something to eat, or take a nap......

No comments:

Post a Comment