Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Saturday, August 4, 2018

(07:29 UTC-4)
(+69*F.....partly cloudy)
(a YouTube mix (mostly incidental music or short concert pieces))
   Well I'll be off in a couple of hours to a family gathering......( of course there are those who would claim that I've been " a little off" for many years..and those are the optimists )....one of my nieces who I haven't seen for a couple of years ( she lives in Europe ) and her husband ( wedding was just a few months ago) are the "quest of honor".....
   I woke up in the middle of the night, with my left knee cussing and swearing at me.....my first thoughts were "Why today of all days?"....."Why not on a day when I have no where to be?"......but then me thought " Perhaps I was sleeping on the knee in an uncomfortable position?" so I rolled over......apparently that did the trick....it's still is muttering the occasional complaint.....but then after 50+ years of dealing with problems with my knees.....I've learned to ignore their quite constant mild reminders of the fact that I played sport with little or no regard for their well-being ...and do what I need or want or must do.........I've often said that "The young man who had this body thought it indestructible, the old man who must now deal with it knows the young man was a total idiot"   but there again had I known then, what I know now, knowing me....I would have done what i did anyways.......In all probability will  add on to this later after my return.
(17:26 UTC-4)
(+83*F...sunny)
(Bach: "Mass in B minor (Proms 2012)) 
   Just back from the family and friends gathering, a tad long but had a nice talk with niece Abby....we both took a similar course of study in college, differnt college and 42 years apart....Biblical Studies.....and I can have discussions with her that I can't really have with anyone who has not had the same major.......don't always agree, but the discussion never devolves in to argument, or worse a flame war......we can say to each other, "you make a valid point, however I just can't agree.....and move on...... 

No comments:

Post a Comment