Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Tuesday, August 28, 2018

(14:45 UTC-4)
(+84*F....fair)
("Good Fellows" on AMC)
   Another hot humid day, now if you've read this blog before you known I liver in the lee of Lake Ontario.....so a calm day is rare it's got to be over 15 mph before we call it windy.....well today it was blowing hard enough that my pant legs were flapping.....right now it's blowing 17 mph and it's calmed down a little......just a short walk.....needed just a few things....but truth be told it was an excuse for a walk......
(18:20 UTC-4)
(+82*F...sunny)
(Beethoven: "Christ on the Mount of Olives"(link))
   We have thunder storms predicted for this evening......but as humid as it's been the last few days we are along over due.
   Today was Tuesday, which is the day housekeeping comes in......the lead housekeeper is a nice lady and very good at her job, and we always have a nice conversation when she cleans.....besides that the end of the month is soon upon us, so I took care of the bill for next month today.....living in a hotel, well this hotel anyways is actually quite affordable.....I mean we not talking luxury hotel here...only 2 stars....but the location can't be beat.....in the small city I live in......every thing I need is with in a 10 minute radius, by the ground speed of a gimpy, grumpy, 70 year old man who walks with a cane....who for multiple reasons doesn't drive anymore......anywhere else in town there would be the expense of cab or bus fare.....1 monthly payment......and all is included....no utility bills, TV, phone, WiFi included......housekeeping.....and a decent free breakfast spread.....no way in this burg could I live as well, as cheaply.....besides living alone I really don't need the space......and the staff looks out for me......I sometimes refer to this as semi-assisted living.....and it works for me.....  

No comments:

Post a Comment