Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Wednesday, August 1, 2018

(09:01 UTC-4)
(+74*F.......partly cloudy)
(a "Hornblower" episode)
   A gloomy day, high humidity, barometer is falling, just a damp dreary day and my knees are singing their favorite sad song......part of the lyrics are "You will not walk, You shall no walk, You must not walk today (set to tunes borrowed from Haydn's "Lord Nelson Mass" free translation of original title is "Mass in time of trouble").....and there is a line of thunder storms heading our way in the early evening...and I have the sniffles....so I intend to heed their sound advice.....
   Friendship is a funny thing, some long term, some develop over time....but some develop quickly even though you know that circumstance dictates they will be short term
   There is a mix ethnic group of construction workers who are building windmills up on Tug Hill......just south and east of where I live and staying in the hotel I live in.....many of the crew are Mexican.....Tomas is one of that group.....he's a kidder, loves to needle you, loves to stir the pot......in other words, a young Mexican me, the gimpy grumpy old man with some genetic semite roots........have spent many enjoyable  hours trading quips, insults, and verbal jabs......he'll be gone in a couple of weeks and I doubt I'll ever see him again......but that is sometimes the nature of friendship, of life........I'll even miss him trying to take my cane/walking stick......

No comments:

Post a Comment