Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Thursday, August 23, 2018

(12:07 UTC-4)
(+72*F...sunny)
(William Byrd: Mass for Four Voices (link))
   I know quite a change from yesterday's "writing music" or considering the music playing "scripturam musica "..( more Latin added to spell check)
   Took a walk earlier, needed a few things but while wandering Ollie's saw a left hand wrist brace...which I thought I'd try.....quite useful, not to be confused with the proverbial left handed monkey wrench......or the left handed wench which is a different matter altogether, I have an idea that I may have irritated my wrist, which is much better.....with the way i use it while using my keyboard (desk top, not tablet, or laptop.....I tend to kill the latter.....and with my tremors the mouse pad,  and the touch screens give me fits) and I also use both hands to stabilize my mouse which puts my left hand in an awkward position......but the brace had  a thumb hole, now I don't know what size thumb it's design for but it's way too small for my extra large hands in general and my thumb in particular...so performed a bit of snipping and it fits now
(now playing Bach: Mass in B minor)
  I have been for the last few weeks have had a mild infestation of fruit flies....now I'm very careful with my fresh fruit and veg.......except for bananas all are stored in the frig....and I'm careful to dispose of them either by eating or throwing into a covered bin.....which i get rid of regularly.....the problem is of late....maybe it's the season...but after doing a little checking.....it's possible that there are fruit fly eggs present on the food that you bring home....what ever the cause.....they're a nuisance,  I looked I can't find a flyswatter small enough....but if the few I have now persist I found online instructions for the construction of a fruit fly trap (link)

No comments:

Post a Comment