Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Thursday, August 30, 2018

(13:54 UTC-4)
(+64*F......cloudy)
(Now Playing "Sink the Bismarck"(link)
   The copy of "Sink the Bismarck" is a really good restoration of the movie from 1960.....
   Today is my kind of weather, mid 60s, low humidity, and a gentle breeze, but then Fall which is right around the corner is my favorite season, not sure why, but it just is.....Walked twice today.....a run up to Price Chopper, they have an in-house bakery, and I love good bread, also was basically out of fruit, some cantaloupe, a mango, and some bananas......a couple of frozen meals...and was going to stop at Dollar General...but as I walked close to it.....since I had walked just after 07:00 local time, and saw only the managers car, determined from about 100 yds.  away it probably not open yet, the 5 minute walk back to my rooms and the clock read 08:20.....oy vey...or as my Dad used to say "If you don't have it in your head then you have to have it in your feet" so basically am just back from my second (if unnecessary) walk, but then I'll take any excuse to walk, even if I have to make up an excuse from thin air.....
   I've been dealing with the yearly arrival of the fruit fly, I mentioned this before but yesterday decided to do something about it, found an article after a google search on how to make a fruit fly trap.....and although I didn't have quite the right plastic wrap, I cobbled two traps......haven't completely eliminated the problem, but has had a significant effect on the numbers, have been reduced greatly.....so I am pleased.....if interested here a link to the instructions, 

No comments:

Post a Comment