Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Monday, August 13, 2018

(08:18 UTC-4)
(+69*F...partly cloudy)
(Classical Music Radio (LINK)
   Except for Thursday, rain and thunder storms are in the forecast from today thru Saturday.....if true....but being a skeptic....I'll believe it when I see it.....then looks like I'm in for some quiet days.....which I would gladly accept...
   Another nights sleep, another "Charley Horse".....right calf this time....guess the right leg didn't want the left leg to have all the fun......I once had a top orthopedic doctor tell me I had the knees of a 60 year old man......major problem was I was 20 years old at the time.....no guess what age that makes my knees now.....I'm 70.......and both feet and ankles aren't much better.....my plumbing is okay, or so says my doc....but as for the skeleton.....some times I'm glad  that my joints and their tendons don't have bar codes...I'm quite certain that a scan would read out.....past use by date......
   From my POV Monday's are usually the best programming on "Ye old boob tube" .....so will probably just veg today 
   I saw a recipe online for a Polish Summer Salad.....which brought back memories because when I was a kid, I grew up rural in an area with a lot of polish families, and had that salad.....cucumber, radishes, red onion, mayo, sour cream, salt, pepper, and dill weed......had everything but the sour cream....substituted a creamy blue cheese dressing, and left out the red onion.....brings back childhood.....and was dang good both then and very good now with my minor changes 

No comments:

Post a Comment