Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Friday, August 31, 2018

(11:35 UTC-4)
(+73*F..mostly cloudy)
( now playing: umpapa music (link))
  On my morning walk, needed some veg, and got a can of tiny shrimp....which is headed for a shrimp salad.....but happened down the aisle that has the cooking oils, and checked out the price for extra virgin olive oil, not "top shelf" but a brand known to me.....a couple of days ago I had bought another brand, also known to me...a 1.41 liter bottle for $8.99......now I've never bought such a large bottle but based on the small bottles I've bought in the past price looked very good, but today I found out just how good a price it was......same size bottle of extra virgin olive oil at Price Chopper..$17.99.....double the price + a penny.....oy vey.....which is the reason I "window shop" for my food stuffs......based on my observation it appears that Aldi should make the mid-September re-opening date after the renovations......It is my habit to shop for groceries at the 3 aforementioned stores, and Dollar General as well.....not based solely on price....but sometimes because I what a specific brand or item that only one of them carries....but I'd be lying if I said that price wasn't a factor....I'm retired and live on a fixed income.....besides I never buy more quality then I can actually use or appreciate......and yes I have the rep of pinching my pennies....but have yet to achieve the level my dad achieve....he could squeeze a penny hard enough that they had to call the EMT's for Lincoln.....(oops.....a bust of Abe Lincoln is featured on the penny in the US....for those of you who aren't familiar with US currency) 

No comments:

Post a Comment