Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Saturday, August 18, 2018

(11:41 UTC-4)
(+66*F....cloudy)
(Best of Wagner: Overtures and Preludes (link))
   According to the weather forecast for today, which I check, today was supposed to be raining on and off through out the day......even watched the "future" radar.....a large front heading our way......checked earlier, the front is still there except  now it's about 80 miles to the south over central NYS......wind must have shifted.....or may the jet stream dropped a little.....but I could care less because despite what most would call, a cool, dismal day......I call it my kind of weather, little chance of rain, and temperatures in the mid-60s.....did I mention that Fall is my fav season.....can wait for it to get here,
   This time of year I start "stock-in up" for winter.....the most common extreme is heavy snow, and having some non-perishable foods in the pantry is a must....to that end a couple of days ago while at Ollie's I saw some packed. microwaveable mac & cheese, under the "Cracker Barrel" brand.....picked up a couple...tried one last night.....went back this AM....and bought a couple more...you need to do that at Ollie's because when what they have is gone....it's gone....ended up with another package of dried kiwi, and a tin of Danish style butter cookies....the later invokes many a fond childhood memory.......and on the walk back to my rooms...the obligatory morning cup of ice cream at Dollar General.......

No comments:

Post a Comment