Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Monday, August 27, 2018

(16:55 UTC-4)
(+80*F....fair)
(The Best of Aaron Copland (link))
   Despite what the Weather Channel (the source of the weather reports I use)......fair is the last word I'd use for today, dang humid and muggy would be more to the point, took just a normal walk for me about an hour ago, and actually broke a sweat......ended up feeling so sticky that I took a shower and a very cool one, I normal shower once a day, but late, right before bedtime....first time I've walked all summer and felt so uncomfortable.....
(begin rant)
   Have been a little frustrated today, I play two "live" games online, both by the same company, and both for the last few days have been near impossible to get access to.....you can get on....but you can't play.....no idea what the problem is, or when it will be fixed
   I've been online since 1996.....in fact my first connection to the net was "dial up"......long before "social media"....just Usenet.....an bulletin boards.....also played a multi-player game..but it was a text game.....the only reason I still even use G+ is a family site.....have a twitter account I never use, and FB.....except for having been able to re-connect with the kids I went to school with and haven't seen since....I'm not always sure it's worth digging through the garbage that is the current state of "social media"....( rant over) 
   Something I read today (yes on social media) got me thinking about visits to the principals's office and later the Dean of Students' office.....not that they ever were able to "pin the rap on me"...I had the rep of a prankster......and I might a well deserved rep.......but any prank got pulled I got called on the carpet....more often then not I hadn't done it, but they had the attitude that if I hadn't I knew who did.....and I usually did.....but the best one was in college....somebody...not me was dumping buckets of water of the 3rd floor roof of one of the dorms.....and got of all people the dorm resident.....aka: the dean of students...so I get called in next day....I didn't even live in the dorm...lived off campus.....basically it was "I know you didn't do it, but you know who did, (which I did know)....tell them not to do it again".......as I left I realized he had me followed.....so I asked a friend who I knew lived in the dorm.....put my arm around and told him what I was doing and he went along....sure enough he got called in....he told me later he said to the dean......do really think he didn't know you had him followed.....and later much later passed on the dean's message to those involved

No comments:

Post a Comment