Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Saturday, April 20, 2019

[16:00 UTC-4]
[+52*F...."feels like" +47*F....cloudy....winds from the northeast @ 14 mph....]
[+44*F...."feels like" +37*F....cloudy....winds from the north/east @ 14....scattered T-storm in the afternoon...][Now Playing: "Classical Music:Live Radio [link]]
   The thunder storms that were predicted for this afternoon never materialized....but there is some rain in the forecast for around dusk this evening....and the next few days are predicted to be fair....but sitting about 20 miles as the crow flies [ or this time of year as the seagull[s] flies [aka: flying rats]] from Lake Ontario to the west of us....the weather can change abruptly....and often does
   Decided to take a quick walk down to the plaza which is practically just out the back door and down a short hill....I always have quart size zipper storage bags on hand for storing food items after I open them....but there are times I need a large size and knew I could get the gallon size at Ollie's at a discounted price....but always check the food aisles and found a bottle of sun-dried tomatoes....now I've eaten them before but never cooked with them....these looked good and again at a decent price so bought a jar....used them in my rustic frittata and enjoyed them a lot....will have to see if they still have them in stock the next time I go to Ollie's and "stock up"....the thing about Ollie's as a discount outlet....you better buy it went you see it or the next time it might be gone forever....
   Speaking of meals....lately my first meal has evolved into the following.....a banana not my favorite fruit by taste or texture....but from a mineral content I need the potassium....as a former distance runner/ soccer player [sorry but that's what we call football in the USA]....I am prone to leg cramps....aka "Charley Horses"....and potassium helps....ergo....a banana a day....a granola bar/fruit & grain bar....and a toffee coffee....but have been having a minor but annoying lower digestive problem....so have added a small cup of yogurt to the menu and early results have been promising....
[17:30 UTC-4]
   I got to thinking about the sun dried tomatoes and my next trip to Ollie's and decided that as it is less than a 5 minute walk that my next trip to Ollie's was right then....the last 3 jars on the shelf are now safely in my pantry....

No comments:

Post a Comment