Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Tuesday, April 30, 2019

[20:15 UTC-4]
[+43*F...."feels like"....+39*F....sunny....winds from the east @7 mph....rain predicted to start early morning tomorrow and continue all day]
[Now Playing: "Gaudy Night" episode one [link]]
   I had walked yesterday to Aldi and picked up as I am prone to do what I need for 2 to 3 days....however I had failed to look not only at the extend forecast or figured out how many days at one per day my supply of bananas would last....I have a banana every morning....not a big fan of their taste which I find quite bland....or their texture which is a bit soft IMNSHO....but am a big fan of the nutritional value....potassium....which they are a great source of....I'm prone to leg cramps as a former soccer player/distance runner....and bananas and dried fruit of which I'm very fond....while not preventing the aforementioned "Charley Horses".....they do make them less frequent and  not as severe....so this morning looked at tomorrow, counted my bananas....and realized I must walk today....which I hadn't planned to do....so since I was headed in the that direction....walked past Aldi and took a short cut to Big Lots....just to look but as/usual found a few things I didn't know I needed until I heard them calling to me from the selves....and then to Aldi....didn't bother with a cart....walked in....grabbed a hand of 4 bananas....checked out and was gone.....the weather was so nice this evening so took a walk to Ollie's and Dollar General....
   In the process of defrosting one of my three small refrigerators I lost track of my ice pick....and looked every way I could thing of and found it not....so this afternoon I got to thinking the refrigerator in question is about waist high....I'll bet it could have fallen behind the frig & was correct....and there it was in a tight spot that this gimpy, grumpy old codger had no chance of reaching....but after about ten minutes of hit & pushing it around with one of my canes I finally managed to get it to a place where I could retrieve it....

No comments:

Post a Comment