Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Saturday, April 6, 2019

[21:30-UTC-4]
[+42*F...."feels like" +38*F....cloudy....winds from the south @ 6 mph]
[Tomorrow's forecast: High +63*F....Low: +51*F....cloudy....winds from the east @ 7 mph]
[Now Playing: an old favorite "Sink the Bismarck" [link]]
   Tomorrow at least if the forecast is correct will be the first really warm day of a late developing Spring....my original plan was to wait to walk until tomorrow....but decide rather than walk to both the convenience store, Price Chopper and Aldi in the same trip I'd walk to the west today and back to the east tomorrow....than did a quick inventory of my than current pantry and discovered I needed to walk both places to day....so when I walked just after 10:30 local time....it was a  grey overcast sky and a bitter wind....but after the first two stops realized that my sling bag was already too full so headed back to my rooms and thought about waiting to go to Aldi tomorrow.....but then the old adage of living where I do came into play....it goes like this...."If you don't like the weather....wait 15 minutes....it will change".....well not 15 minutes....but just after 14:30 local time....the sun was out and although the actual temperature was about the same....it was a lighter wind....really no more than a breeze and was quite pleasant....while picking up the groceries I needed....saw a round of Queso Fresco and have been curious about it....so picked that up....as well as 4 bottle of fruit flavored sparkling water....and of course bananas....I've seen the sparkling water which I usually have with my second meal of the day at $1 or more....but at Aldi it's only 49 cents....and if you've read this slag-mire before you know I can pinch a penny with the best of them....so with all may errands run...and my pantry full....will probably walk tomorrow just for the walk itself.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment