Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Friday, April 19, 2019

[21:20 UTC-4]
[+44*F....+37*F....rain....winds out of the northeast @ 15 mph....rain predicted for tomorrow as well...]
[Now Playing: "Hornblower" episode 8 [link]]
   Although it didn't start raining until after noon....really didn't have any reason to walk today....on top of that....it was although not raining....a cool, damp day....and my knees were reminding me that the barometric pressure was falling...rain was coming....I don't need a barometer or the weather man to tell me that rain is coming....rain is also in the forecast for tomorrow and also scattered thunder storms....my daughter especially when she was much younger then she is now [41 years old]....as we said by in the day was knee high to a grasshopper....hated thunder & lightning storms....or as she would call it when she was quite young..."bunder, bunder, boom,boom"  and would sit on her bed....and say "we're goin' to get sizzled"....I don't like them much at all....been caught out on a golf course a time or to....and it's really not a great place to be in a thunder & lightening storm....with metal spiked shoes and a bag full of metal shafted clubs....aka lightening rods....or at least I fear they would function as one....["five worst places to be in a thunder storm"[link]]....
   And as/usual there is very little to watch on TV....truth be told if I had to pay for cable or dish TV....I probably would have it....but it's included in my monthly rent as is a landline and WiFi....and house keeping once a week....done the math....and it's the best and most economical way for me to leave....on top of which....I'm within a 10 minute walk of everything I need....including my doctor....I live on the edge of a retail area....in the residential wing of a hotel....plus the fact that I don't drive anymore....my night-vision is poor at best....and with the essential tremors which become bad under stress....I have no business driving a car...did I  mention I'm also hard of hearing....left ear has only about 10% and the right about 50% of normal.....  

No comments:

Post a Comment