Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Tuesday, April 9, 2019

[20:40-UTC-4]
[+33*F....+28*F w/wind-chill....cloudy....winds out of the north/west @ 5 mph....]
[Now Playing: another Youtube mix [link]]
   It rained on and off most of the day beginning around 10:00 local time....just needed a few things at Dollar General....and since they open at 08:00....and it's just a short walk down the hill to the backside of the plaza where the store is....decided to walk just after 08:00....the weather change has been kicking my tuckus....the transitions between Autumn/Winter....and Winter/Spring....always get my arthritic knees singing a doleful dirge...and I sometimes run a low-grade fever....and since the lifestyle/diet changes I made over the last 17 months....they don't complain quite as loudly as they once did....at time in the past when they were singing at their loudest....I needed two canes to get from my chair to the little boys room....and after all the damage is virtually all self inflected....with the way I played sport in my youth....plus pounding the concrete floors of a factory for 35+ years....and many hours on a forklift....and the occasional klutz moments....but it has taught me that I am after all human....and weakness and age is part of the human condition.....and besides being a gimpy, grumpy, old codger....beats the alternative by a long toke....  

No comments:

Post a Comment