Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Wednesday, April 10, 2019

[19:25-UTC-4]
[+37*F....+29*F w/wind-chill....mostly cloudy....winds out of the west @ 10 mph....]
[Now Playing: another of my mixes off Youtube [link]]
   The other day when I was in Price Shopper I needed a couple of raw veg to be added to my egg white dishes....I had been using purple top turnips....mostly because with there smaller size and my limited storage space they're the most convenient....I've always preferred rutabaga but the size available was just too big not only from the stand point of space....but since I cook for one....just too  much product for one person....now I have always thought that rutabaga was a turnip....but according to some reading I've done today....although they are in the same family as turnip....and cabbage is in that family as well....they are technically not turnips....but I as I said I was looking for a few things and went to get a purple onion....right next to the onions were the rutabaga....and I heard someone calling my name in a small voice....low and behold there in the pile of rutabaga was a couple just the right size....considerably small than the usual size.....so over the  last couple of days I have used up the purple top turnips....and made my 2nd meal dish of egg whites with the rutabaga and some parsnips and some purple cabbage...I had picked up at the same time....and the usual cast of supporting spices [saga, rosemary, thyme, nutmeg, salt & pepper].....and onion and of course garlic....and some cheddar cheese and Queso Fresco....I prefer the purple cabbage over the regular green variety....but there again I get the one where I can get the smallest head....taste wise I prefer the purple cabbage....even if it as a nasty habit of turning the egg whites blue....and the sum of this is the egg white dish was very, very good....
   Did walk briefly today....just a quick trip across the street to Aldi....could have waited until the morrow....but needed to get out and get some exercise....and then another short walk this evening....the weather is getting nicer and I just want to get out with out having to "bundle up".....

No comments:

Post a Comment