Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Wednesday, April 17, 2019

[21:20 UTC-4]
[+49*F....clear....winds out of the southeast at 3 mph....rain predicted for the next 4 days]
[Now Playing: Faure "Requiem" [link][I was fortunate to sing this piece years ago with the local choral society....a beautiful piece of music...that  performance holds a special place in my heart because my daughter was one of the horn players]
   Finally....today marks the first month of Spring....and  we finally got a true Spring day....mid-50's....sunny day....with just a hint of a breeze....and even with rain predicted for the next 4 days....the rain is predicted to be intermittent....and really didn't need anything til Monday when it's only PM showers....but didn't want to waste the beautiful day....so decided to walk up to Dollar Tree and T J Maxx....which I skipped yesterday when I changed my walk mid-stream....
  When I was a kid we had want were call Five and Dime stores....and much of what was sold actually cost a nickel or a dime....of course I was born in 1947 so that was a quite awhile ago....but the dollar stores common today are in reality just the old five and dimes but more expensive....now most of them do sell things over a dollar...but in "Dollar Tree" everything is a dollar....except a few items that are .89 cents....I didn't go looking for anything in particular.... but ended up with a pair of mixing bowls....a tape measure...a tube of topical analgesic...and a small bottle of Heinz 57 sauce....for $4.24....[8% sales Tax on non food items]....and off to T J Maxx....almost bought another mortar and pestle....a tad smaller than the one I recently bought....In point of fact if they would have had both went I bought the first one I would have bought the smaller one....but my frugal side took over and I decided I really didn't need two....but did pickup a bottle of chili oil....e.v.o.o....have already used it....very nice....   

No comments:

Post a Comment