Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Tuesday, April 2, 2019

[20:30-UTC-4]
[+44*F...."feels like" +40*F....fair....winds out of the south @ 8 mph]
[Now Playing: today's "My Mix" off Youtube [link]]
   Actually except for the wind which was blowing pretty strongly...mid teens....and predicted to be in the 25 mph range most of tomorrow....now there's an Idea....I've been told many times to "go fly a kite"....in a figurative sense....but it'd been years since I have flown a kite....if memory serves my daughter was nine or ten....and she's 41....besides maybe I'll put a key on the string and see if I can duplicate old Ben's experiment....now where can I look for a kite around here....[hum}....
   Needed a few things at Aldi but walked a little later when it was warmer....was going to that a side trip to Big Lots....my left foot started complaining a little....which I was about to ignore....when my left knee joined the chorus....so thought better of it and headed back to my rooms....basically because my short cut to Big Lots is a fairly steep grassy hill....and can be a tad slick....so thought better of it....maybe if I had "thought better of it" when I was younger....when contemplating some of the crazy things I did....my legs and feet wouldn't complain as much and as loudly as they often did....the youngster who had this body thought it indestructible....the old man who now inhabits it knows that the youngster was an idiot....but unfortunately that knowledge does me absolutely no good....the damage is done....

No comments:

Post a Comment