Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Friday, April 26, 2019

[20:00 UTC-4]
[+47*F...."feels like"....light rain....winds from the s/w @ 18 mph]
[Now Playing:"Baroque Study Music [link]]
   I've always had a great love of the music of the Baroque period....I took piano lessons from when I was 6 or 7 until I was 12....and although "dumbed down" for a beginning we took from a teacher who taught the classical method....and played quite a bit of Bach et al....with that background and gifted with a very strong high tenor voice I think that that background as a child lead to my love of the choral/liturgical music of the day....Handel, Haydn, and others....and although age and essential tremors has taken my singing voice....I still enjoy listening to music of t hat period....this particular grouping of pieces is all orchestral....not choral....but that will probably appear at some point in "Now Playing"....
   It's rain on and off most of the day....although I did sit out for a time this evening in a period of calmer weather....and it's predicted to rain through tomorrow evening....with a chance of a brief period of snow....but probably won't have walk today anyways....as probably because of the damp weather my knees and feet are giving me a tad of trouble....but warmer weather is coming and that should put they brief rebellion to an end....they always give me a hard time during the seasonal transitions between Autumn/Winter and again between Winter/Spring....but with the weight loss and healthy diet nowhere near the problems I've had in past years....
   But another quiet day spent in my rooms and online....as/usual nothing on the "Old Boob Tube" worth my time....  

No comments:

Post a Comment