Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Friday, April 12, 2019

[22:15 UTC-4]
[+62*F...."feels like" +59*F....partly cloudy....winds out of the south @ 18 mph....]
[Now Playing: "My Mix" of the day off Youtube[link]]
   Although I could have waited to walk even until next week....the weather today beckoned me....so made an excuse to walk....it rained this evening, but has cleared off....tomorrow is going to  be a windy day with winds in the 20 mile an hour range....and because of my occasional balance issues I usually try to avoid high wind conditions....and rain both on Sunday and Monday....and really didn't need to walk until Tuesday....but still today was to nice of a day in the morning and early after noon to not walk....
   Have spent the day as I usually do....but when I past the front desk on the way out...."Matt the Manager" said to make sure I saw him on the way back in....won't tell me what....now a few weeks ago I mentioned to him that I missed them having boiled eggs on the morning breakfast spread....and was told that because they bought them pre-boiled and shelled....and had to buy by the case....they did go that quickly and some would spoil....so as I came back in....he went out back and handed me a tube of 12 pre-boiled....2 have already been sacrificed for a nice bit of egg & olive spread....and I'm sure that in short order others will met there end as part of a potato or tuna salad....
   But speaking of eggs....with Easter just around the corner the tradition of the colored Easter eggs is brought to mind....now I often eat my second meal some time between 11:00 & 13:00 everyday....times vary but I usually will watch the cartoons on Nick Jr.....this day the Friday specials were two cartoons about the traditional colored eggs....and to my great surprise I discovered that they aren't Easter eggs any longer but are "Spring Eggs".....oy vey....political correction run amok....now being a biblical studies major in college I decry the commercialization of both Christmas and Easter....but good grief....

No comments:

Post a Comment