Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Monday, April 29, 2019

[21:15 UTC-4]
[+43*F...."feels like" +39*F....rain...winds from the east @ 7 mph....rain continuing util early morning tomorrow]
[Now Playing: Handel "The Choruses from the Messiah"[link]]
   Playing in the background tonight is a mix of just the choruses from the Messiah....now I've never sung the complete Messiah....but I have sung what is called the "Christmas Messiah" and other times have sung many of the others which aren't included in the Christmas section....basically part I with a few from part II added....and one of those added is the Hallelujah Chorus" at the end....if you'd read my blog before you know that there is a special place in my heart for the choral music of the Baroque period....and also the liturgical music of the period....although my ability to sing it is gone due to age and essential tremors I still get great enjoyment out  of listening....
   Being Monday it's the day for housekeeping to come in and clean my  rooms and change the linens....and normally I hang around an chat with the head housekeeper who is good people....but although the weather was going to be warm if I took my walk later....rain was also possible so walk when it was sunny how be it with "feels like" temperature in the mid 30's F....so I walked right at 09:00 which is when Aldi opens....and gave housekeeping a chance to clean without me under foot....so to speak....needed need much....save for my ongoing quest for the elusive banana....I have one every morning with my first meal....but have recently added yogurt to that meal....I normally can get a small cup from the breakfast spread here....but I don't always like the flavors....so got a few containers of that....but while wandering the aisles saw and bought something I've never seen before....now growing up rural I thought that I'd had almost every kind of jerky....beef, fish, goose,duck,venison....but had never seen pork jerky....so bought a package....interesting....I've been a little concerned with my focus on root veg that maybe I haven't been getting enough of my protein from meat....so have bought some sausages and jerky for snacking ....have a container on my computer table and have now added the pork jerky to the container....I am well aware that there is now turkey jerky....but 1] I'm not that fond of turkey to begin with....&....2] it sounds like a weird dance....let's do the "turkey jerky".....I think I'll pass....

No comments:

Post a Comment