Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Friday, November 30, 2018

(11:23 UTC-5)
(+34*F....cloudy)
(Now Playing: The Best of Tallis (link))
   Tallis was a 16th century composer of liturgical music....and I just in the mood for it today....If you've read this blog before then you know that my musically tastes are quite eclectic....
   Actually the weather today was conducive for a walk....well an early Winter walk anyways....but had no intention of walking today....point of fact wasn't planning to walk before Sunday....but looked at the forecast and rain is predicted for Sunday....and a quick decision....as snow is predicted for this afternoon....take a short walk....the convenience store and Aldi.....but after the stop at the convenience store....standing at the place where I'd cross the street to go to Aldi....talked myself out of that plan....and decided to stop at Ollie's, then the Thrift Store, Dollar General, and back to my rooms....didn't see anything at Ollie's or at The Thrift Store for that matter....but as I was walking to the Dollar General....a car pulled up, parked, and out popped Sharon P.....and her classic big hug.....now way back.....she had just started a few months before as a receptionist at the plant that I was starting work as a shipping clerk....and when I left some 35 years later was the Materials Supervisor and she the executive secretary....and left just after I did....one of the nicest people I've ever known....except that she gets a kick out of reminding me that she is older than I am....by about 8 months....haven't seen her in probably 5 or 6 years....had a nice conversation....but after I got to thinking....if I hadn't walked....changed my route....and had been precisely where I was at the time she parked the car....I won't have seen her at all....coincidence....?....now I'm not a huge believer in the concept of fate....but there are things that have occurred to me in my life that sometimes makes me wonder if somethings were meant to happen or not happen....?....      

No comments:

Post a Comment