Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Monday, November 26, 2018

(18:29 UTC-5)
(+40"F....cloudy)
(Now Playing: William Byrd "Mass for 4 & 5 voices (link))
   It's been raining on and off all day here....but sometime in the overnight hours it's forecast to change to snow and snow until Thursday....supposedly light snow but up here you can never tell....had a friend years ago that used to describe expect snow fall as....we will get a trace to 3 feet of snow....I'm not sure if it's the damp weather today or just approaching my 71st birthday in a couple of weeks but woke of feeling just a bit off today....didn't feel sick....but on the other hand didn't feel particularly well either....just a tad off....a little stiff in the joints....or rather a little stiffer in the joints than usual....so around 15:30 local time decided to take a nap....don't normally take naps and if I do take a nap....usually between maybe 20 and 40 minutes....laid down....rolled over and I had been down for about 20 minutes....decided to rest awhile longer....next time I surfaced and looked at the clock....my nap had lasted almost 2 hours....but I now feel pretty normal....not normal for when I was in my late teens and 20's....but the new normal for my 70+ years....
   If you are unfamiliar with the English composer William Byrd he lived in the 16th & 17th centuries....considered a Renaissance composer....his works are by enlarge acappella....and liturgical in nature....not everyone's taste in music....but two of my favorite musical  forms.....both to listen to and to sing are acappella and liturgical....put them together....and I'm in my "element"....although age has eroded my singing voice to prelude me from sing anymore.....I still enjoy listening....    

No comments:

Post a Comment