Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Sunday, November 25, 2018

(17:41 UTC-5)
(+41*F....cloudy)
(Now Playing: a classical mix off Youtube (link))
   Today has been a busy shopping day for me, not to the mall or big box stores but rather to grocery stores....walked twice....before the brief rain we got and then after....two different directions and between the two walks too much to carry in one trip....next 3 days rain and/or snow....then 3 decent days....and then rain and/or snow predicted for the 8 days there after....not saying that I may not be able to get out on the snow days if it's little....and at this point it's only predicted to "snow showers"....aka light snow....but one must eat and it won't be the first time between the weather and my feet or knees giving me a hard time, which frequently happens this time of year.....that I've been unable to walk for several days in a row....so it's my practice to stock up on non-perishable foods this time of year....and then there is always delivery....don't order most of the year but in the winter I will....besides haven't had good Chinese food in awhile and there's a good source for that in town....not to mention pizza or wings....not franchises....but locally owned businesses....and at this point although there are a few more things I'd like to add to my "storm pantry" I'm pretty well set....besides I can always take more advantage of the daily free breakfast that comes with me living in a hotel....besides I've lived my whole life (except for 9 semesters in college) in heavy snow and bitter cold areas....this will be my 72nd winter....and by now I know how to cope with the extremes....and maybe more importantly how to prepare before the worst of it....but also made a run as part of the second walk to the ATM....doesn't hurt this time of year to have a little extra cash on hand....I do have a debit card....but prefer to pay cash....and don't have a credit card....I have sound reasons for that....but won't get into that at this time....but I strive to live within my means....
   

No comments:

Post a Comment