Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Thursday, November 15, 2018

(18:15 UTC-5)
(+30*F....mostly cloudy....feels like +25*F)
(Now Playing: "My Mix" (link))
   I guess I'm starting to get my "winter legs".....actually today was a pleasant day for walk....and 3 stops to make and I'm starting to adjust back into my winter in the northcountry mode....except for the years I was in college, I've spent my whole life in lake effect snow zones....first in the lee of Lake Erie....and now in the lee of Lake Ontario....plus up here if the wind is out of the north or north west we get our weather off Hudson Bay.....sometimes temperature can drop to -25*F and even cold....and a wind chill of -40*F is not uncommon....but it takes a few cold days for my body to remember how to deal with it....we're predicted to have snow overnight, maybe 3 to 5 inches....but changing to rain tomorrow so it won't stay very long....
   Actually sat down an watched a movie this afternoon....normally I just half watch, half listen while surfing the net or playing games online....but the film "Contact" is one of my favorites....I don't agree with the premise but it's well done, and does give one pause.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment