Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Sunday, November 18, 2018

(18:03 UTC-5)
(+31*F....cloudy)
(Now Playing: "Hunt for Red October" on BBC America)
   When I did what I do every....usually in the evening....I run through the schedule of programs to be aired the next day on the channels I usually watch....BBC listed another program starting at 6 PM local time so I changed channels to watch the program I intended to watch and found "The Hunt for Red October"....no disappointed....one of my favorite flix....TBS was showing Star Wars episodes I.II.&III....watched the first 2, but don't like the 3rd....and "lucked in to" one of my favs....
   With my new location in the hotel I'm about as far from the lobby as I could be....went out to get my sweet bagel this morning from the breakfast offerings....no sweet bagel....got a plain one and decided to have it with either the cherry preserves I have or the orange marmalade....got back to my rooms....and then the thought hit me....I still had some smoked salmon left....but no cream cheese....back up to the lobby to get a container of "Philly" (brand name)....which reminded me of what my dad always said; "If you don't have it in your head, you  have to have it in your feet".....a bagel with a schmear ( oops another Yiddish word for spell check)....some sliced shallot, capers, and a little caviar....and of course the smoked salmon....very nice....juice and some black raspberries....don't do that very often but once in awhile I feel like "pushing the boat out a little"
   Was going to stay into day but decided to take a short walk and visit my money at the ATM....which is right next store to the hotel....I almost never go into the bank unless I have business to  deal with....and with a debit card I have access to my funds through the ATM....and since it's at a branch of the bank where my funds are I don't pay a fee to use the ATM....and I can access my money even on a Sunday afternoon....besides it was a good excuse for a walk.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment