Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Saturday, November 17, 2018

(22:06 UTC-5)
   It's late and I was on my way to bed and realized I had never got around to posting today here....had intended to a couple of times earlier in the day and got distracted by one thing or another....so I've dispensed with the usual header and just will dive into the post....
  As I thought with the rain overnight most of the snow we got....probably 6" or so has vanished....except for some banks where plowing was done to clear sidewalks, driveways and parking lots....I hate the snow banks because it blocks the short cuts I usually use....but we do have more snow, although predicted to be light over the next few days....although Winter the season doesn't technically start until December 21st at 5:23 PM local time ( the Winter solstice), because of the latitude I live at it most years starts early....or perhaps this in Winter's pre-season practice period awaiting opening day as it were....
   Did walk late to get a few things at Aldi....could have waited but I had been stuck in my rooms because of the weather for over 48 hours and was having a middle case of "cabin fever" (link)....well not really but I just needed to get out and get a little exercise....as I re-enter the lobby after my walk....(I live in a hotel)....the girl behind the desk told me my brother had called....problem number one is I had forgotten his telephone number....give me a break....I'm near 71 years old and my memory on certain things ain't what it used to be....besides I rarely call him....fortunately google has a longer memory than I do....and found it right off....an invite to Thanksgiving dinner....his wife is an excellent cook so no way I turn that done....
   It's interesting how someone like me who grew up when even a basic computer would fill a large room and ran on punch cards....has evolved to some one who is quite comfortable in the new computer driven age....besides if I get stuck I can always email one of my nephews who works for Google....but then even with libraries and card catalogs I was always pretty go at finding what information I needed....and the computer and WiFi let me find what I what in my rooms without going to the library....but I have evolved completely....I hate cellphones....      

No comments:

Post a Comment