Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Wednesday, November 7, 2018

(14:04 UTC-5)
(+48*F....cloudy.....wind 19 mph)
(Now Playing: "My Mix" off Youtube (link)
(Just a note: Youtube gives me 5 different mixes each time I log on....4 of them are usually  composed of a particular style of music I listen to....but the "My Mix" is a a very eclectic mix of the varying styles I enjoy....from Gregorian chant....to "Meatloaf".....with several stops in between....and don't forget the bagpipes) 
   A cool very blustery day here in the Northcountry....but had some errands to run so decided to walk twice....First walk to the Doc's....bill for last months checkup had arrived over the weekend and with the weather Monday, and the move yesterday....today was the first chance I had to take care of it....why write a check and mail it....when his office is maybe a 5 minute walk from my lodgings....made a stop on the way back to pickup some veggies and cheese at Aldi....okay so you were looking.... and a 4 pack of apple fritters....
   Kicked around the rooms for awhile....had a egg white scramble....w/ potatoes, chorizo, the greens from green onions, a nice sharp cheddar....and some salt, pepper, adobo, and of course liquid egg whites....on of my fav combinations....and kicked around online for awhile....but....
   In my old rooms I had my desktop plugged in to a power strip with a surge protector....but with the layout of the new rooms....the only reasonable place to put the computer desk had an outlet without a surge protector....and I had to leave the power strip....so took a walk to Ollie's....different direction from my earlier walk....they didn't have what I wanted but had a 3 outlet plug-in with a surge protector....but as always happens with me ended up getting another kitchen knife that I didn't known until I saw it that I needed it....on the way back stopped at the thrift store and found some drink coasters and a pepper shake....again I didn't know I needed them....and a stop at Dollar General to say hi to the manager, and dang if a bag of cheddar popcorn and some pecan candies didn't demand that they accompany me  back  to my rooms....This happens to me all the time, but at least this time I did get what I had walked out to get....or at least a reasonable facsimile....

No comments:

Post a Comment