Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Saturday, May 4, 2019

[21:00 UTC-4]
[+51*F....mostly cloudy....north winds @ 4 mph]
[Now Playing: "Classical Music Radio"[link]]
   Although overcast all day....and a tad on the damp side was in the mid-50's and only a gentle breeze and although another cloudy day tomorrow temperature are predicted in the mid-60's....so probably will spend sometime out and about....
   Was up just after 06:30....and as is my custom logged onto the free Poker site I play on....not a really great day at the tables but enjoyed my session....needed a few things t Aldi so walked just  after 09:00....on the way back I was crossing back over to the side of the street to where I live....in the crosswalk with the walk light and almost ended up a hood ornament....again....dang distracted drivers....they get a left turn arrow when I have the walk light and I've had a many close calls....and under NY State law....I not they have the right of way....oy vey....mid-afternoon I decided to walk again....other direction with no need to cross that very busy street....and in my travels pasted by a small pond where I had observed earlier in the week the male Canada goose on "guard" and the female sitting in the reeds....well today the two adults were out for a walk with 5 palm size fuzz balls in their wake....probably just a few days old....by fall they'll be all most as large as the adults and fully feathered for the flight south....but I enjoy watching them grow....for me a sure sign that Spring is upon us.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment