Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Wednesday, May 29, 2019

[21:20 UTC-4]
[+55*F....clear....winds southwest @5 mph]
[Now Playing:"The Frogs and the Lobsters" a "Hornblower" episode [link]]
   I hadn't really planned on walking today....spent the morning online and watching "Dirty Harry" on the old boob tube....and had a look at the weather and decided that I would finally breakdown and buy a new cane....my fav is getting a tad shabby and the handle which broke a few years ago and I gorilla glued them are finally loosening up again....now while I don't need or use the cane around my rooms or in the facility....I do use one when I go on my walks....I sometimes take short cuts over grass and some pretty significant slopes and like the cane for stability....but I didn't want to walk with two canes so wanted a day when I was confident of my route and my feet and legs to head to Ollie's....s/cane....on the way back....I stopped at Dollar General for an ice cream....and ran into the guy who lives across the hall from me....he's on crutches...offered me a ride....which I took....more to have a chance at a conversation that the ride itself.....
   When I got back to my rooms....my key card didn't work....apparently the battery is the reader had died....they couldn't find the right security key so I was unable to get in for the better part of an hour....and I had lost much of the advantage I had gained on one of the online games I play....but just checked again and the loss was marginal and can be recovered....
   Haven't decided whether to walk tomorrow....USA network is airing a marathon of some of my fav NCIS episodes....and I should walk tomorrow....but weather is good for the next to days and Friday will do almost as nicely....

No comments:

Post a Comment