Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Thursday, May 2, 2019

[21:30 UTC-4]
[+45*F...."feels like" +42*F....cloudy....winds out of the n/n/e @ 5 mph....rain predicted overnight thru the early afternoon tomorrow]
[Now Playing: Handel "The Messiah" choruses[link]]
   I t had rained overnight and stopped just about dawn....but  the rest of the day was one of those grey, damp dreary days....mid-40's.....and as is their custom my knees were singing the typical off key dirge....not as loud as sometimes.....but just enough over the typical background level of pain to be just that a pain....but....as I've endured the problem for 55 some odd years....it's never stopped me from do what must be done and I'm not going to stop now.....so walked just after 10:30 this morning needed a few things at Aldi.....which could have waited until tomorrow afternoon or even Saturday....but I have found that if I sit around it really does nothing to alleviate the problem but walking does help....not sure how....maybe it just takes my mind off the problem....original was going to stop on my way back at the ATM....but decided not too....but then later....early evening decided to take another walk and went to  the ATM....the bank is right next to where my lodgings are....so it's not like it's a long walk....but I definitely feel the rain that's on the way....that's one benefit from bad knees....they are a great barometer.....
   Have spent most of the day online and also watching "NCIS" reruns on the USA network....but the ones on now are some of the post-Zeva episodes....and I enjoy very few of those....  

No comments:

Post a Comment