Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Tuesday, May 21, 2019

[
[+52*F....clear....winds from the southwest @4 mph]
[Now Playing: WCNY-FM [link]]
   Housekeeping was coming in today to clean my rooms....a new crew with the change in ownership of the p;ace I live....they cleaned last week....but wasn't sure when they'd be in.....so had a chip drop on the poker game I play and on a whim....decided to go to Ollie's  and look for a laundry book....no not a book about laundry but rather a book to read while doing my laundry....there are machines available here but they are a far piece from my rooms....so I needed a book to read while waiting....if I had a laptop then I would take that but I think it would be a bit of a problem taking my desktop so hence the book....and just as I was about to leave....a knock on the door and it was housekeeping....so left them to do what they do without me "under foot".....got the book and some new socks....but as I was checking out heard a voice I haven't heard in several years....one of the guys I who used to work at the same factory I did....have seen him since than....found out he had been injured in a work  accident and was declared permanently disabled....but we had a nice chat....that's the second time in  a couple of days that I've walked more or less on a whim and run into an old friend....makes one wonder....stopped at Dollar General for a cup of ice cream and total forgot that I had intended to get mechanical pencils when I was there....the second time I've forgotten.....oy vey....early evening just decided to walk....no reason other then to walk....walked a loop and as I past by the entry to the plaza....the light shone....those dang pencils....so detoured and got the pencils....and of course another cup of ice cream....      

No comments:

Post a Comment