Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Saturday, May 11, 2019

[21:34 UTC-4]
[+47*F....partly cloudy....calm]
[Now Playing: "Have His Carcase" episode 1[link]]
   I live about 20 miles "as the crow flies" from Lake Ontario and the Black River Bay extend another 10 miles or so inland....Black River flows into the bay and then in to the lake....it's origin point is in the western Adirondack mountains.....and I don't every remember posting a current weather statement before and had to use the word "calm"....you could probably count the days in an average years where there is no wind/breeze on one hand and most years you won't need all five fingers....
    I walked both this morning....left my rooms just after 08:30.... trip to Price Chopper on a quest for the elusive root veg....bet you thought I was going to say banana....originally I was going to swing past Aldi on the way back to my rooms but decided tomorrow would work out better for the quest for the "wild" banana....have plenty on hand at present...and then early evening just down the hill to Ollie's and Dollar General....needed nothing....except to walk....but as/usual a few items demanded that I take them home....the rest of the day has been spent quietly in my rooms and my usual playing online games and modding the FB group "The Farthest Side".....busy bay vetting new member requests....

No comments:

Post a Comment