Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Sunday, May 26, 2019

[+21:35 UTC-4]
[+61*F....partly cloudy....wind from the south @3 mph]
[Now Playing: "1776" the movie [link]]
   I fully realize that "1776" is probably better suited for 'The 4th of July" our independence day and not "Memorial Day" which has it's roots in what was originally called "Decoration Day" and was observed in the North after the American Civil War to honor those who had died in service on the side of the North....and originally celebrated on May 30TH....until the early 1970's when to a Monday and declared a national holiday....but truth be told I'll probably play it again on the 4th of July....and for that matter any time I feel like watching it again...definitely in my Top 10 movies list....
  Walked just before 10:00 this morning....just a few things at Aldi....and always check the section with specialty meats and cheese....so I piked one up and to my pleasant surprise I had in my hand Polish sausage....imported from Warsaw....I grew up in the Buffalo New York area....which had a large population of people with roots in Poland and Eastern Europe....and there were polish meat markets with store made polish sausage....in fact a friend of mine mother made her own sausage....and what you can find in our local food stores where I now live is a sad imitation of the real thing....and I intend to horde it....
   I went to mix a dipping sauce I make with a ketchup base....my own take on a cocktail sauce....and realized I was about out of ketchup....so off to the pantry to get the backup bottle....oops....could have waited until tomorrow or even Tuesday....but was such a fine early evening and used it as an excuse to go to Ollie's and Dollar General....ketchup at Ollie's....and a cup of ice cream at Dollar General.....well I had to pass right by it on my way back to my rooms....

No comments:

Post a Comment