Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Friday, May 3, 2019

[21:30 UTC-4]
[+49*F....cloudy....winds from the north @ 5 mph]
[Now Playing: "Hec Ramsey" pilot [link]]
   It stopped raining just have noon....but it remained a grey, damp, dreary day in the mid-40's, the only good thing about it was just a light breeze....but that being said....I needed to walk....not because of a great need for anything....but a need to get out of my rooms...and stretch my legs....in my younger years I was big time into sport....I played soccer, ran 20K races....a couple of marathons....and training ran usual about 75 miles a week and sometimes as much as 100 miles in a week....I've always lived an active life....and even though I am not physically able to exercise to that extend anymore....after all I am 71 and age and injuries from both sport and occupation have limited me....the spirit is still there.....or the old adage....."The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak"....so I walk....true a lot slow than I once did....and because of balance issues I walk with a cane....but I walk....went to Ollie's and Dollar General....and if a bag of pretzel pieces and a small cup of ice cream did pursued me to take them home with me.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment