Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Monday, May 6, 2019

[21:15 UTC-4]
[+63*F....partly cloudy....south winds @ 6 mph....rain predicted over night thru tomorrow]
[Now Playing: "The Baroque Collection"[link]]
   Although I knew from the forecast that today was going to be a very pleasant day weather wise....I hadn't planned on an extend walk....but planned a quite day....and maybe a walk or a sit-down on a bench on the lawns where I live....no errands....just a restfully day....
   Hadn't bothered to check the forecast....a high blue sky with just a hint of clouds at the horizon....but being Monday....when housekeeping came in for their weekly cleanings of my rooms....it came up in the conversation that it was to rain tomorrow....took a quick inventory and decided I needed a few things before Wednesday....so took a short walk across the street to Aldi....just bananas, a cartoon of liquid egg whites, a bag of beef jerky and a dark chocolate candy bar....and somehow a package of smoked salmon ended up in my  cart....that kind of thing happens to me all the time....I guess I just have some mythical force that draws things I did know I needed into my cart....
   As to the walk and sit-down never happened because this early evening my knees started to sing that off key dirge which they always sing when the barometer starts to fall as a prelude to impending rain....so a hot shower and a application of a topical analgesic....and decided that a walk was counter-indicated....so have just taken it easy....and although they're still singing but not as loud as before.....because of a possible interaction with my meds....I'm very limited as to oral pain meds....aka Tylenol....helps a headache but from long experience has no effect whatever on my knees....but by-enlarge they have been much better of late....weight loss and a healthier diet seems to have lessen the problem....to the point that I never us the cane around my rooms....well that's not quite true....I do use it to "fish" for things that have rolled under the bed or are out of my reach....I usual take one on my walks....but mostly just for show....

No comments:

Post a Comment