Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Saturday, May 25, 2019

[20:30 UTC-4]
[+69*F....rain....south winds @13 mph....]
[Now Playing a mix of Mozart choral works[link]]
   It's rained lightly on and off most of the afternoon and into the early evening but as I sat down to write this post as were used to say back in the day the rain was coming down in buckets....and the wind was rattling the windows in my rooms....we're predicted to have scattered T-storms associated with the rain but I haven't seen or rather heard any evidence of their presents so far....I just hope the scatter somewhere else....it would be fine by me....
   Didn't have the need to  walk for any real reason other than I wanted to....so check the radar and had a "window".....mid-morning and when I walked out the back door was greeted by 4 mated pairs of  Canada geese and a whole "herd" of little fuzz balls....chowing down on the lawn outside the door....2 of the pairs I could see through the hedgerow....but not the kids....2 pair were on my side of the hedgerow and between the 2 pair there were 12 little ones....one of the pairs was keeping watch over there brood of 10 goslings....an average hatch is around 4 to 6 goslings....but a couple of years ago saw a pair with 12....except for a pair and 5 little ones I saw on a walk about 2 or 3 weeks ago....this is the first time I've seen such a large group....there's a pond maybe 30 yards from my backdoor....which the seem to have taken over.....so I may get the chance to watch them grow into young adults.....

No comments:

Post a Comment