Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Monday, May 27, 2019

[22:35 UTC-4]
[+55*F....partly cloudy....winds out of the southeast @2 mph....rain predicted for tomorrow]
[Now Playing: "Sink the Bismarck"[link]]
    Yes I know...."Sink the Bismarck" again....it is one of my fav flicks and is based on a book by one of my favorite historical fiction writers....C.S.Forester....he was the author of the "Hornblower" series....I've read every book....several times....and from time to time adaptations of the books can be seen in "Now Playing" above.....
   On my morning walk I saw 5 mated pairs of Canada geese with some 20+ goslings total between the 5 pairs....hard to get an exact count....but saw 10 other adult geese....a pair and a group of 8....no little ones....I've seen this before....best guess is that they are last years hatch and have not found a mate yet....a year or two ago....don't remember exactly saw a similar gathering of over 20 geese....which I jokingly refer to as a singles' mixer....
   Hadn't had the numerous sightings I've had in recent years so far this year as I've had in the past and really enjoy watching the goslings grow....and grow fast they do....
   Rain is predicted to return earl tomorrow morning [around 04:00] and continue all day into the early evening....so will probably not  be able to walk tomorrow....but AMC is airing three of the Dirty Harry movies during the day tomorrow so at least there will be something to watch on the tube....

No comments:

Post a Comment