Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Sunday, February 2, 2020

[17:00 UTC-5]
[+33*F/+30*F:w/windchill/Lo:+27*F/cloudy/winds:southwest@4/humidity:86%/BP:29.45"\/].[some light snow overnight possible..>1" expected]..[Monday's Hi/Lo:+37*F/+26*F/cloudy]..
[Tuesday's Hi/Lo:+35*F/+19*F/cloudy]..[..MadTrollie's.."The Mix''..]..[or select from listing on left]
   I'm posting maybe a tad early today..but with the exception of 2 more chip drops on the free on-line poker game I play..last post to "Trollie's Game Room"..last check of emails ans keeping an "eye" on "The Farthest Side" [[FB group at which I'm a moderator]..everything else is buttoned up for the day..reason has nothing to do with the "Super Bowl" which starts at 18:30 today..besides the pre-game and pre-pre-game have been on air since 11:00 this morning..oy vey..I grew up in Buffalo NY..and used to follow the old AFL Bills..but over the years have lost interest in the game..in fact the last few years I actually watched the "Super Bowl" I just watch for the commercials..some neat one's have aired..my fav was "Herding Cats"[link]..I guess what has turned me off on the NFL and pro sports in general are the absurd level that the players have taken celebrations..for almost every play..now I never played sport beyond the small college level here in the USA..but if anyone had pulled even a fraction of that crap in a game back then [1960s]..someone on the other team would have show their disapproval of being "shown up" in that way in a very physical way later in the game..if the act itself didn't provoke an immediate melee..I played what the rest of the world calls football what we call soccer..and was involved in a few nasty ones..besides how can you call the game football when only two players on a team ever kick the ball..??..[end rant]
   Made an excuse to walk earlier..really I just needed to get out in the crisp air..I was low on green onions..and there were a couple other things I could pickup..so off to Aldi..and guess what they were out of..green onions of course..you know it's not paranoia if they really are out to get you..but had a couple of nice chats with a couple of the kids that work there..and yes they are ladies..I might be old but I'm not dead quite yet..and the day I quit looking is the day they nail the lid over my head..
   Just a few more things to take care..next up..off to the lobby for my daily toffee coffee..nite all..

No comments:

Post a Comment