Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Thursday, February 27, 2020

[17:42 UTC-5]
[+26*F/+9*F[windchill]Lo:+25*F/light snow/winds:w/s/w@30/humidity:74%/barometer:29.50"/\]..
[Now Playing..MadTrollie's..Pop..[Warning: Contains Moldy Oldies]....
   I probably have quite a different definition of Pop Music then  some others but then you have to know that I entered the 7th grade in 1960..and got my bachelor's degree in 1970..so what I see as Pop Music..Rock & Roll if you will is from a era quite different then some others..
   We have gotten very light snow..no more the 3 or 4 inches..but the snow isn't the whole problem..we've had winds around 30 mph and higher gusts..so there are spots you can see the grass and places were there are drifts nearly 3 feet high..add to that that at times the visibility is under maybe 50 yards..so driving thru this "mess" must be difficult..for multiple reasons I don't drive any longer but I still remember driving in similar storms and situations..no fun atall..obviously I neither had or have any intention of walking under those conditions..I have balance issues because of my essential tremors and high winds are flat dangerous for me..awhile back at gust hit me and spun me around and if I hadn't had my cane I would have taken a tumble in the middle of one of the busier streets in the small city I live in..now I was in the designated walk lane and with the walk light but  with the increase occurrences of distracted drives because of the use of "smart phones"..??..since then if the wind is more that 15 mph..I don't walk..I maybe crazy..check that I am crazy..but not stupid..
   Have had a busy day online.."The Farthest Side" has had a large number of new member request and one of our number is on vacation..so the individual load has been a bit higher..It's about  that time where I getting ready to shut it down for the night so will bid you Good-Day,,  

No comments:

Post a Comment