Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Friday, February 7, 2020

[19:13 UTC-5]
[+17*F/+5+F:w/windchill/tonight's Lo:-1*F/snow showers/winds:northwest@11/humidity:86%/BP: 29.47"~]..[Saturday's Hi/Lo:+11*F/-5*F/sunny]..[Sunday's Hi/Lo:+33+F/+26*F/mostly cloudy]....
[Now Playing..MadTrollie's.."The Mix"..]....
   Despite the doom and gloom of today's forecast..at least in the area around my  rooms we maybe got 3" of snow and no observable ice..but realizing that it would probably take a day or for the sidewalks to get properly attended to..decided to wait until tomorrow to walk..but that was before I checked the hourly listings for tomorrow's daylight hours..I have poor night vision and with the footing being less that perfect with the possible snow & or ice on the sidewalks..walking at night is not an option..as I checked what the Weather Channel lists as the hour "feels like" temperatures..a prefer the old school "windchill"..for almost the entire daylight hours the windchill was below zero F..now I have the knowledge and the cloths to deal with that..but no longer chose to do so..so because I really did need both from a supply stand point..and also from I deep seated need to go  for a walk..decided to walk today despite what the condition of the sidewalks were..for the most part they were passable..with effort..but on the way back did avoid the worst part by walking on the edge of a well plowed street..traffic was light..and was glad I had..as I was walking into Aldi..who was leaving but an old friend.."B"..she used to be the head-housekeeper at the facility I live in before the change in ownership..she's "good people"..haven't seen here since the change over and had a very nice chat..just the usual raw veg..bananas..liquid egg whites..and some fruit flavored sparkling water..and yes this time they did have green onions..
   I made a tuna and pasta salad this afternoon..I use microwavable pasta..and canned chuck tuna in olive oil..yup..I  know..water packed is more healthy..however I grew up on oil packed..and that's what i prefer..so that's what I use..some white onion chopped and some sweet gherkins also chopped..black Himalayan sea salt, cracked mixed pepper corns..and a mayo made with olive oil..and it is now in the frig chilling..but I hear it calling to me..ergo..nite all..

No comments:

Post a Comment