Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Sunday, February 23, 2020

[17:44 UTC-5]
[+44*F/+39*F[windchill]Lo:+35*F/sunny/winds:s/s/w@9 mph/humidity:43%/barometer:30.01"\/]..
[Monday's Hi/Lo:+42*F/+31*F/mostly cloudy]..[Tuesday's Hi/Lo:+43*F/+33*F/cloudy]
[Now Playing:.."Have His Carcase"..]....
   Another night..another very interrupted sleep..up a hand full of times..and again gave up at around 04:30...on the positive side I had all of my daily on-line activities well in hand..had wanted to walk to Aldi today..and factors being as they are..had an open time slots just after 09:00..now firstly Sunday is the busiest day of the week at Aldi..but if you go just after they open at 09:00 it's not quite as busy..the other benefit is that because it's Sunday..not only is the traffic light on Arsenal St..one of  the busiest in town, and one I have to cross..and since it's Sunday..there is very little traffic on Commercial Park Dr...I've had some very close calls there while crossing Arsenal at that intersection..the left turn light from there..comes on just a couple of seconds after my walk light and the drivers from there tend to be quite distracted..but didn't see but one car and it was turning right..
   But later decided to take a trip in the other direction to Price Chopper..just some veg..but this afternoon it was a little warmer than this morning and less wind..It was quite a pleasant walk..and I really like the fact that I didn't have to "bundle up" to resist the cold..
   Had a chat with the manager here at the hotel today..at present all I have to cook with are a microwave and a coffee maker..and you might be surprised what you can use a coffee maker for other than coffee..but I've been thinking about getting a small convection oven..there are some things I might like to make from time to time that the microwave would either be unable to make or do a less than acceptable job of it..a personal pizza jumps immediately to mind..and got his okay on the project..problem is how to get one home..the thoughts of me walking back to my rooms with a convection oven under my arm seems  to be a non-starter to me..and both my sibs are presently in  Florida..doubt they come back just for that..either I'll wait for one of their's return..or perhaps order one on-line and get it delivered..
   Still things to do before I sleep or rather with the last two nights in mind..try to get some sleep..

No comments:

Post a Comment