Watertown, NY, USA . "Public Square" (vintage, date unknown) but the monument is honoring veterans of the American Civil War so the date of the image is late 1800s

Thursday, February 20, 2020

[18:45 UTC-5]
[+18*F/+8+F[windchill]Lo:+7*F/cloudy/winds:west@7 mph/humidity:51%/barometer:30.51"/\]..
[Friday's Hi/Lo:+30*F/+26*F..partly cloudy]..[Saturday's Hi/Lo:+33*F/+30*F..mostly cloudy]..
[Now Playing..MadTrollie's.."The Mix"..]....
   Despite the fact that the ambient temperature when I walked this late morning was 10* cooler than it was when I walked yesterday..yesterday we had a 14 mph wind out of the west..and although the direction and wind speed has changed since the time I walk..when I did walk the wind was a light breeze of 4 mph..and from the northwest..and except briefly never had to walk directly into the wind..more a quartering wind ..and It actually felt much warmer and was a much more enjoyable walk..I could have waited until tomorrow or even Saturday when it is going to be some warmer..but after living in this area for going on 54 years I'm used to the winter cold..although I don't tolerate it as well as I once did..if either the ambient or windchill temperature is below 0*F I stay in my warm and cozy rooms..just the usually bananas..fruit flavored sparkling water..liquid egg whites..a package of 5 bars of good german dark chocolate..cherry fruit and grain bars..and..well I knew that I was to  the end of the good cheddar cheese I was using..and had forgot to check whether I had already bought the replacement..so I bough another brick of a very nice cheddar..got home and realized I had already bought a brick of aged cheddar..but on the other hand I have been know to have different types of the same cheese open and in use before..actually right now I have a very nice blue Stilton..which I eat as is..and a Amish blue I use in my egg white dishes..so I'm sure I can find uses for both..besides it's my story and I sticking to it..
   Besides that today was like any other day..spent most of the day on-line..tending to my three blogs..my responsibilities on the FB group "The Farthest Side"..combing thru Youtube for videos to add to my ever growing number of playlists..not all music..there are a plethora of videos on Military History..battles..for many years I played miniature war games..Napoleonic Wars, ACW, and.. Medieval..just to name a few..I've always felt that you can't really understand history..without the study of military history was well..we tend all too often to settle our disputes with violence..
   Still things to accomplish before I take my rest..ergo..good-day to you all [regardless of what time zone you find your-self-in]....

No comments:

Post a Comment